Stress Management Program – For a Healthy Body and Mind
Modern life is full of hassles, deadlines, frustrations, and demands. For many people, stress is so common that it has become a way of life. Stress can affect how you feel, think, behave and how your body works. In fact, stress can create a variety of symptoms including anxiety, fatigue, insomania, eating disorders, depression, headaches, difficulty in concentrating, increased anger and relationship troubles. Stress is not an illness itself, but it can cause serious illness if it is not addressed. If we cannot sleep well and maintain good digestion and elimination, how can we enjoy a good life, the job, money, luxuries, relationships and power we are striving to achieve?
How does it work?
According to Ayurveda, our inability to deal with stress is due to an imbalance, or lack of coordination of the 3 main mental functions: Dhi (learning), Dhriti (retention) and Smriti (long-term memory), and a lack of Ojas energy in the body. At Ayurveda Yoga Villa, the Stress Management Program is aimed at relieving the stress accumulated over the years, and increasing the body’s level of Ojas by achieving proper hormonal balance and reinforcing mental potency to better cope with stress in the future.
People dealing with the following issues: insomnia, lack of concentration, anxiety, bad temper,depression obsessive eating and drinking lack of appetite, low energy level, poor digestion, constipation, sexual disorders, chain smoking or heavy drinking. This program is also recommended for anyone who wants to experience peace of mind.
How many days?
Minimum is for 1 week, ideally 2 weeks, and for better results, 3 to 4 weeks, depending on your present condition and your expectations.
What is the therapy like?
- Daily consultation with our Ayurvedic Doctor
- Ayurveda Therapy sessions
- Yoga and Pranayama (breathing) sessions
- Meditation and mantra chanting – our experts will decide how much time and what type
- Oral Herbal medication
- Ayurvedic diet – which will be decided after consultation
Ayurvedic Stress Management Program Treatments:
The cause of stress will diagnosed whether it is due to physical, mental, familial, social, occupational, environmental, financial or other reasons.
Individual will receive proper diagnosis for the cause of stress and receiving treatments with proper awareness will energize physical, pranic and mental health.
Accumulating past memories are the main cause of stress. Regular yoga sessions here will awaken the spiritual body and regular guided yoga-nidra session will bring sushupti (deeper state of rest) will releases the accumulated stress from deeper dimensions.
In our holistic centre, staying on with life-style advices an attending all the daily activities harmonizes physical, pranic and mental dimensions and also improve sleep quality. In the sushupti (deeper state of rest) body and mind gets healed by itself with the proper assistance of herbs and diet.
Based on cause of stress Ayurveda treatments will be advised by ayurveda doctor and daily 60 or 90 minutes treatments will be provided.
The following treatments are usually included in stress management.
- Abyanga: A head massage followed by full-body massage with medicated herbal oils to release tension from muscles and joints.
- Pizchil: A head massage and full body massage followed by pouring warm medicated oil on the body deep tissue oil pouring massage to strengthen hormonal secretions.
- Sirodhara: A head massage followed by the continuous pouring of warm medicated oil/milk/buttermilk on the forehead to cool the nervous system.
- Sirovasthi: Warm herbal oils are put on the head and allow to remain for certain period to cool the cerebral and nervous systems.
- Talam: Special powder mixed with medicated herbal oil is applied on the head.
- Thalapothichil: Special herbal pastes are applied to the head.
- Steam bath is given after most of these treatments.
- Ayurvedic diet is given to counteract the stress releasing chemicals.
The above mentioned treatment plan is the general Stress Management Program Therapy for a normal healthy person. However, our doctor will have to check your past medical history and diagnose your present health condition before finalizing the treatment plan that is right for you. The stress management program at Ayurveda Yoga Villa combines Yoga, meditation and Ayurveda therapy in a 14 days package to help attain a relaxed state of mind. The other steps in the programm are rejuvenation massage, rejuvenation therapy, dhara, njavara kizhi, thalam, herbal steam bath, herbal pack, intake of herbal medicines etc.